Monday, November 3, 2008

Alexander Cyclocross Superstar


I had the pleasure of officiating at the Rockburn CX race yesterday out in beautiful Rockburn Park in Howard County. This was the site of Ali Meller's first cross race. I managed to get quite of few pics of the ole' boy tearing it up on his mountain bike. He looked like he suffered quite a bit, but as this after race pic shows, he looked like he had a blast. So did Chris and Pete. Pete bagged a season best (?) 6th place in the Masters B. Hef #1 looked like he was having an off day I'm sad to say, espcially since he did so well last week at DCCX. I'm sure he be back on form for Tacchinno and the MABRA Champs race at the end of the month. Chris raced the 9am Cat 4 race and I'm afraid I didn't get any pictures during that one. But I did get him looking all gangster after the Masters B. Great job fellas! Race results are here.
The rest of the pictures are here. In there is a seqence where you can see Ali almost making out of the sand pit before he fell over. Dont feel bad Ali, the only guy who made it thru the pit without dismounting was KBS/Medifast pro Jonny Sundt in the Elite Men's race and he only bagged a lonely 4th place.
Cheers,
FGR

4 comments:

  1. an off day I was having....you better believe it. After a crash through the tape and into the stake on the 2nd lap, I lost 15 spots and rebroke my thumb. DOn't worry, I'll be back next week.
    Heff1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry all, the links are fixed now. It was bad HTML. My fault. All better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John,

    Thanks for posting your report and pictures. I WAS able to get the sand of the bike and me....

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  4. test comment. blog rookie here.

    ReplyDelete